The federal government signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), a $2.2 trillion package to provide additional help for businesses, workers, and the health care system.
Here are all the Resources for small businesses.
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. On Friday the federal government signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), a $2.2 trillion package to provide additional help for businesses, workers, and the health care system.
Below are the small business resources provided:
- Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Small business section by section summary CARES Act; shorter version 7 pages
- Small business provisions in CARES Act
- CARES Act Section-By-Section Summary; lengthy version 56 pages
- Small Business Investor Alliance Summary of Final CARES Act; 5 pages
- Final Text CARES Act; 880 pages
Those with questions about COVID-19 can call the CO HELP Hotline at 1-877-462-2911.
The Eagle Chamber of Commerce provides this CARES Act information for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice. Please consult your banker or financial professional for the SBA loan process, and your legal and accounting professionals regarding matters from the CARES Act that may impact your business.
Starting a Business
Here are some basic steps to follow when starting a business. This list is not all-inclusive; other steps may be appropriate for your specific type of business, and we are here to help you.
Information about Small Business and Self Employed can be found at the IRS website. Specific industries can also be found at the Industries/Professions Web page.
Each state has additional requirements for starting and operating a business. For information regarding state-level requirements for starting a business, please refer to the IRS Web site for Colorado.
Refer also to the Small Business Administration’s Steps to Starting a Business.
- Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) if applicable
- Select a business structure
- Choose a tax year
- Obtain a Business License (Town of Eagle)
- If you have employees have them fill out Form I-9 and Form W-4 (PDF)
- Pay your business taxes