CMC Online Courses
Eagle Chamber Members can take advantage of Colorado Mountain College’s impressive array of online courses at a 15% discount.
In addition to outstanding community and residential campuses, Colorado Mountain College offers online learning in a “virtual campus.” Many of their courses are fully transferable at some of the lowest tuition rates anywhere. It’s a great value for learning, especially with a 15% discount!
Web courses give you the ultimate flexibility in accessing course information and communicating with your instructor over the internet.
CMC offers courses and programs in two primary formats:
Questions? See CMC’s Online Learning FAQ.
Screaming Eagle Student Scholarships
The 2023 Screaming Eagle Scholarship is now open and taking applications until all available positions are reserved.
The Screaming Eagle Scholarship is sponsored by the Eagle Chamber of Commerce and is a commitment to the Eagle County Business Community by awarding two scholarships to local high school students or current college students under the age of 22 who will be attending an accredited 4 year university /college or a 2 year vocational program.
The scholarship awards are $1,000 per year for either a) Four (4) years for university/college or b) Two (2) years for a vocation program.
Additional conditions apply and will be provided to recipients at the time of their award.
To provide a deserving student with a true desire to return to Eagle County after higher education to contribute to apply life and educational lessons to the business community of Eagle County. The impact will be felt not only by individual students, but by the individuals and business contributing financially the future of the Scholarship.
Scholarship Process, Policies & Criteria
- The scholarship is available to students who attend Eagle County School District and who are employed by Eagle Chamber members or who are an immediate relative of an Eagle Chamber member.
- The Screaming Eagle Selection Committee will review applications and conducting interviews from April 3rd through April 21st, 2023.
- Applicants will apply directly to the Screaming Eagle Scholarship Committee through the Eagle Chamber of Commerce application process, which can be accessed below.
- Recipients will be informed directly from The Screaming Eagle Scholarship Committee and presented their award at their respective schools ceremonies.
- The Screaming Eagle Scholarship considers students that show a pattern of high academic effort, extracurricular activity, community service, and a desire to return to Eagle County in some capacity to contribute to the business community.
- Grade point average and courses taken will be considered, but a consideration will be given to those students that have shown an passion for a particular field or topic and dedicated considerable effort toward that passion. Team sports, clubs, and academic organizations will be considered, but non-scholastic achievements evidencing a commitment to excellence and service will also be considered.
- Most importantly, will be the student’s commitment to the Eagle community. Although there will be no post education requirement of such, a compelling argument must be given of how the student plans to take the education and skills earned and apply them towards a career or contribution to the Eagle Business Community. This a broad qualification, but will be given strong emphasis in the selection process.
- For more information, please contact Kyle Hoiland (Committee Chair) at 970.390.4208 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply for this scholarship, please see application below.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 14, 2023
- APPLICATION REVIEW & INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE FROM APRIL 3RD THROUGH APRIL 21ST, 2023.
This year’s recipients will be contacted by the Committee the week of May 22, 2023 and informed of the next steps to utilize the scholarship funds.
Screaming Eagle Scholarship Application 2023
The Screaming Eagle Scholarship is a directive of the Eagle Chamber of Commerce and is highly coveted by graduating Eagle County students, due to the significant multi-year commitment. This scholarship will continue to be respected by Eagle County donors due to its focus on and reward for its commitment to the Eagle County Business Community.
This Foundation will grow year after year in its impact and scope, eventually providing multiple opportunities to students from its internal growth, as well as its external fundraising activities.
To provide a deserving student with a true desire to return to Eagle County after higher education to apply life and educational lessons to the business community of Eagle County. The impact will be felt not only by individual students, but by the individuals and businesses contributing financially to the future of the Scholarship.
Any current senior of Eagle Valley High School, Red Canyon High School, Battle Mountain High School, Vail Mountain School or Vail Christian High School, who is the son or daughter of a Chamber member or employed by a member.
As of 10/26/2018, the Scholarship Committee will be granting two separate multi-year scholarships. These may be amended from time to time by agreement from the committee, but are initially described as follows:
4-year accredited college scholarship
- The amount of this scholarship will be $1,000 per school year (total of $4,000)
- The student must attend an accredited 4 year college
- The scholarship will be paid directly to the School’s Bursar’s office and must be used for tuition cost, books, or class fees
- This is intended to be 4 consecutive years of school
2-year trade school scholarship
- The amount of this scholarship will be $1,000 per school year (total of $2,000)
- The student must attend an acceptable trade school
- The scholarship will be paid directly to the School’s Bursar’s office (or equivalent) and must be used for tuition cost, books, or class fees
- This is intended to be 2 consecutive years of school.
Each scholarship will be awarded based on the merits provided in this application.
An interview before the Eagle Chamber Scholarship Subcommittee will be required of each qualifying candidate.
This application and supporting materials must be complete and submitted to the Eagle Chamber no later than April 14, 2022.
This application and supporting materials must be submitted to the Eagle Chamber no later than April 14, 2023. If you prefer to submit a print version of your application, please contact Michelle Morgan at (970) 306-2262 to make arrangements to submit application. The Eagle Chamber office is located at the Eagle Information Center upstairs offices at 100 Fairgrounds Rd. in Eagle.
- High School Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation
I hereby certify that the information provided in this application is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I understand that falsification of information will result in termination of any scholarship granted. I understand that incomplete applications may not be considered. I certify that I have read the instructions and will comply with all requests for documentations of academic status. Should I receive a scholarship, the Eagle Chamber may use my name and likeness in publicity materials relating to the scholarship.